In 1946, Collins joined the National Electrical Contractors Association (N.E.C.A.).
The company incorporated as Collins Electrical Co. on 9/13/1949.
During the Korean War, the Stockton Office organized a marine division. This branch wired ships for Colberg Boat Works of Stockton who had a U.S. Navy contract. During this time, the company purchased Mapes Electric and opened a Sacramento Branch in 1952.
In 1953, CECI opened a branch in Merced to handle work at the Castle Air Force Base. A branch in Modesto was then opened 1955.
The Monterey Branch became the second CECI branch in 1957 and was located on Del Monte Blvd.
CECI celebrated its 30th anniversary in 1958 with an all-time high revenue of $8,000,000. The company continued to expand its branch offices by purchasing Modern Electric in Fresno, CA.
In 1970, CECI was named among the top ten electrical companies in the nation by “Engineering News Record” magazine.
Gene Gini was elected CEO and President of CECI in 1990 after serving as Modesto Branch Manager for 21 years.
CECI became a family-owned business in 2000 when Gene’s sons Kevin and Brian purchased the stock of Charles Plaster, one of the two remaining minority shareholders. The Corporation redeemed the stock of minority shareholder Larry Schlenker on the same day.
Fresno Branch Opened
In 2007, Collins Electrical Company, Inc. exceeds $100 M in revenue for the first time.
CECI solar Division began in 2009. This division has been involved in the negotiation and construction of over 450 photovoltaic installations throughout Northern, Central and Southern California since its inception.
Dublin Branch opens 2014
Kevin and Brian Gini Appointed Co-CEOs of Collins Electrical in 2019