In this issue:
Whats New in the Field?
Below are some recent progress photos from the Pinole Valley High School Campus. The 240,000 square foot campus located on Pinole Valley Road will provide over 1,600 students and teachers a new state of the art high school. Final cost of the campus is estimated to be $230 million! It looks like a whole lot of work has been done since our last update. Keep up the great work, team!
New to our Safety Team: DeWayne Anderson
DeWayne joins us as our newest Safety Coordinator! He has an extensive background in safety, with experience in Public Safety, Power Plant Safety (Nuclear), Hi Rise Construction, and Large Projects, such as Apple Campus and Facebook! His hobbies include fishing, snorkeling and scuba diving, and traveling (with a particular love of cruises). Sounds like an adventure lover to us!
Welcome aboard, DeWayne!
Everyone likes to indulge, and the holidays give us the perfect excuse to do so. While this usually comes with some unwanted pounds, there are simple ways to keep from eating too much. So whether you have a weight loss goal or are just trying to keep your waist from expanding, you can enjoy the holidays without having to stress. And you don’t have to skip dessert!
Here are 7 ideas for avoiding holiday weight gain:
- Don’t go hungry – Eat a snack before you attend a holiday party to avoid a snack binge.
- Choose quality over quantity – Plan to eat something you’ll really enjoy, like that piece of pumpkin pie or Christmas cookie. Ask yourself what you really want and then really enjoy it.
- Suggest a potluck – Bring something healthy that you want to eat.
- Use a small plate – You can fill your plate without overeating.
- Pile on the vegetables – then go to protein, followed by starch/carbs.
- Eat slowly – Taste and enjoy every bite. We tend to eat too fast, and it takes 15-20 minutes for your stomach to tell your brain it’s full.
- Try again tomorrow – Go easy on yourself. If you fall off the wagon, don’t worry. Tomorrow is another day.
*Adapted from article on USAToday.com
This week: The Metro Branch!
Upcoming Metro Projects Out For Bid:
|Bid Date||YR||Br||Est||Project Name||Location||Estimator|
|12/15/17||18||Met||011||CSU Stanislaus – Vasche Library Renovation||Turlock||Dave|
|12/19/17||18||Met||015||San Joaquin General Hospital ER Department Remodel||French Camp||Jorge|
|12/21/17||18||Met||TBD||Airgas Stockton at PEI site||Stockton||Adam|
|12/22/17||18||Met||020||Patterson – Amazon HI Bay Replacement||Patterson||Rick|
|01/10/18||18||Met||016||Stanislaus County Emergency Generator Replacement||Modesto||Adam|
|01/18/18||18||Met||TBD||Wastewater Treatment Facility Upgrade||Mariposa||Corporate|
Recently bid projects:
- Costco E-Commerce Facility – Tracy, CA (12-12-17)
- Delicato Vineyards Whitespace Project (12-08-17)
- CSU Stanislaus Vasche Library Remodel Technical Proposal (12-08-17)
- Modesto Water Corporation Yard (11-28-17)
- UC Davis Fish Conservation & Culture Laboratory (11-30-17)
- BID RESULTS:
- Garrahan Electric – $1,000,000
- Collins Electric – $1,200,000
- Wolf Electric – $1,500,000
- SD Electric – $1,600,000
- BID RESULTS:
Good luck and keep up the great work, Metro!
♢♢♢ Gene’s Gems ♢♢♢
Word of the Week: Charitable
adj: relating to the assistance of those in need
Whether it’s donating, volunteering time, or simply lending a hand or a kind word to a loved one, there is always room to live charitably and compassionately this holiday season.
Even though we work hard, we play hard too. Every week, we’ll show off our most important resource: the Collins Electrical staff.
This week, we introduce to you…
Jabin McDonald, Preconstruction Senior Project Manager from our Sacramento Branch!
Jabin had a couple of hours to kill after the site visit at the Hard Rock Casino in Cleveland a couple of weeks ago! Rock on, Jabin!
Check out all the Collins’ Selfies by searching for the hashtag #collinsselfie on Facebook.
Make sure to incorporate the Collins Electrical logo in a creative and fun way!